Thursday 11 June 2015

Hair journey again

The reason I say hair journey again, is because I  began my hair journey several years ago (2010-Feb), it started off with mistakes along the way but I had some good results too. Thanks to Youtube in knowing how to take care of my relaxed hair at the time.

In the past, I have had many unpleasant salon experience for me; I knew that the hair salon where I live seem to not know what they were doing. So, I took it upon myself to be my own hairdresser for this journey. Let me tell you, it was not easy but I prefer it much better than having someone else do it for me as I was learning as well. :)

Last year , after stretching for 6 months my hair had growth a lot and I knew it was time for me to relax my hair. Even though, I didn't like going to the salon I had a hair dresser who I trusted ( family friend) to do my hair. At the time, from stretching for 6 months she had been so busy that my mum suggested I should go to another hairdresser and so I did. The biggest mistakes I did, and I should have checked online. I did not do a protein treatment before relaxing my hair, and so literally all my hair which had growth past BSL( bra strap length), resulted in a breakage. I had no length gain, after all those hard 6 months.  This made me so sad and disappointed. But I understand now, what I did wrong.

Now, I am starting again with my hair journey after thinking about what it is I want to do with my hair, I have finally decided I will start to texlax my hair instead of going relax, that way I can still have the curly texture I want but in a manageable way. Here I go the second time round with my journey.


2 comments:

  1. Wow you are a very determined lady it takes courage to start again when you know that you went so far only for someone else to mess your hair up. All the best looking forward to seeing your progress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and I hope you keep checking out my posts.

      Delete

"